Check out Mothers & More
September 29, 2010
September 24, 2010
September 18, 2010
by: Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888)
- PPOSITE my chamber window,
- On the sunny roof, at play,
- High above the city's tumult,
- Flocks of doves sit day by day.
- Shining necks and snowy bosoms,
- Little rosy, tripping feet,
- Twinkling eyes and fluttering wings,
- Cooing voices, low and sweet,--
- Graceful games and friendly meetings,
- Do I daily watch and see.
- For these happy little neighbors
- Always seem at peace to be.
- On my window-ledge, to lure them,
- Crumbs of bread I often strew,
- And, behind the curtain hiding,
- Watch them flutter to and fro.
- Soon they cease to fear the giver,
- Quick are they to feel my love,
- And my alms are freely taken
- By the shyest little dove.
- In soft flight, they circle downward,
- Peep in through the window-pane;
- Stretch their gleaming necks to greet me,
- Peck and coo, and come again.
- Faithful little friends and neighbors,
- For no wintry wind or rain,
- Household cares or airy pastimes,
- Can my loving birds restrain.
- Other friends forget, or linger,
- But each day I surely know
- That my doves will come and leave here
- Little footprints in the snow.
- So, they teach me the sweet lesson,
- That the humblest may give
- Help and hope, and in so doing,
- Learn the truth by which we live;
- For the heart that freely scatters
- Simple charities and loves,
- Lures home content, and joy, and peace,
- Like a soft-winged flock of doves.
September 16, 2010
September 9, 2010
Cookies for runners. Choose your event. Add the name of your athlete, name of event, school... The possibilities are endless!
|Request any event|
|Request the name of a school, athlete, race, ...|
| Create any combination you would like. Cookies will be packaged and tied in coordinating ribbon according to event. |
1 cookie in clear cellophane with ribbon - $5.00
Add $2.00 for each additional cookie added to package.
A three cookie maximum per package is recommended.